TEETH WHITENING TREATMENT
What does your smile say about you?
Your smile says more about you than the car you drive, the clothes you wear, or the hairstyle you choose. Unlike your favourite suit or dress, you wear your smile everyday and it never goes out of fashion. Besides, you are not completely dressed until you wear a smile.
Designed by dentists, the multi-awarding winning Boutique Whitening offers whitening solutions to suit your lifestyle and help you wear your smile with confidence.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth Whitening is the process of making your teeth ‘whiter’ by removing stains and discolouration. The colour of your teeth can be affected by many factors including the aging process, staining from food and drink, trauma, illness, disease and medication.
Professional teeth whitening from a dentist is the only safe, legal, and effective method of achieving a whiter, brighter smile.
At Smart Dental Care, we use Boutique Whitening- a premium quality whitening gel that delivers superior results compared to other brands. It is specifically designed as a home whitening kit to fit into your day to day life and to deliver great results in just a few days.
We are dedicated to ensuring that any product we use or endorse is completely safe for our patients.
How does Teeth Whitening work?
- You will have a consultation with your dentist who will carry out a full dental examination to assess the overall health of your mouth. Provided everything is looks good, your dentist will then explain your teeth whitening options.
- With Boutique, you can whiten your teeth during the day, or overnight as you sleep, depending on what suits your lifestyle.
- Your dentist will take photographs to check the existing shade of your teeth. Then an impression or a digital scan will be taken and sent to the Boutique Whitening Laboratory, where your bespoke, custom-fit whitening trays will be made.
- Your trays will be fitted at the practice. Your dentist will show you how to use the whitening syringes and explain how long to wear the trays for. In most cases, you will see an improvement in just a few days and optimum results in around 3 weeks.
It’s really that simple!
Day or Night Whitening?
Boutique Whitening comes in different formulas so that you can whiten your teeth during the day, or overnight as you sleep.
The Day Kit contains 6% hydrogen peroxide and is designed for 2 hours wear per day. The Night Kits come as either 10% or 16% carbamide peroxide, which is designed for 6 hours overnight wear.
While both kits will produce the same end result, your dentist will be able to explain the differences in the types of bleach and advise the correct formula for you. This will be based on your lifestyle, preferences and dental history.
Hygiene Treatment Alternative
If you are not suitable for whitening or would just rather have an alternative, visiting the hygienist regularly can help to remove stains and discolouration.
Our hygienists can perform deep clean treatments and stain removal and also give advice on how to help prevent further stains. Visit our Hygiene Services page for more information or message us on our Facebook page