• 2 dental examinations per year
• 4 hygiene appointments per year
• 20% discount on private treatments
• Worldwide dental insurance!
• 2-4 hygiene appointments per year
• 10% discount on private treatments
• 5% discount on oral health products
Fully qualified and experienced dental hygienists at Smart Dental Care are experts in the treatment and management of gum disease. They fulfil very important roles by supporting the dentists in preventative dentistry to help patients maintain healthy teeth and gums.
You can visit the Hygienist for:
- Periodontal (deep cleaning) treatments
- Removal of stains
- Oral health education for children
- Fluoride varnish applications and fissure sealants (to protect from bacteria and preserve the enamel on children’s teeth)
- Give fresh breath advice
- Offer smoking cessation advice and support
Plaque, made up of bacteria that live in our mouths, can collect around where the teeth and gums join. If not removed, the bacteria causes and inflammation of the gums known as Gingivitis.
Gingivitis causes the gums to become red and puffy and bleed very easily; you may also notice a bad smell or taste in your mouth. Gingivitis can be treated but if left, it can develop into Periodontitis which causes the bone holding your teeth in to resorbe and your gums to recede away from your teeth and this process is irreversible. If not treated, the teeth become loose and need to be extracted.
Using dental floss and mouthwash can also get rid of the plaque that your tooth brush can’t reach. If you are finding floss tricky to use or are confused about the many different types of mouthwash out there, ask your dentist or hygienist for advice.
3. Hygiene Treatments
Some people are more prone to the build up of Calculus (Tartar), in this case it is a good idea to have regular appointments with a hygienist. We have an affordable Hygiene Plan that includes 4 visits to the Hygienist per year as well as 2 routine oral health examinations.