Implants from £2,200 with FREE TEETH WHITENING
Enjoy Life with Confidence & Stability
A Dental Implant is a small titanium rod or screw that replaces the root of a missing tooth or teeth and acts as a secure base for a Crown, Bridge or Denture. Dental Implants can replace just one tooth or a full set if necessary. They are surgically inserted under local anesthetic by a specially trained dental surgeon. Treatment time can be anything from 3 -12 months depending on the complexity of the case and type of implants used.
The thought of minor surgery can be frightening, however with local anesthetics, you’ll hardly feel a thing!
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
- Functionality: It’s almost like having your natural teeth because implants replace the missing tooth root and provide a stable base for a prosthetic residue. This means there will be no difficulty or discomfort with eating, unlike other options like normal dentures and bridges. No one will know you’ve even had your teeth replaced!
- Maintain the health of your natural teeth and gums: Leaving a gap in your teeth can lead to a number of problems such as tooth decay and gum disease due to food being able to pack up in the space left between your teeth.
- Having implants does not damage, affect or interfere with your remaining natural teeth like bridges would.
- Maintain facial structure: Dental Implants are the only tooth replacement option that preserve your facial structure after extractions. Bone and gum loss may occur when a tooth root is removed and this can lead to the surrounding teeth collapsing inwards, causing changes to facial structure.
Dental Implant Options
At Smart Dental Care, we use two brands- Straumann and Megagen. They can be used for the following treatments:
- Single tooth replacement: The implant is placed and given time to heal before the crown is placed to complete the treatment. Dentures may be given pending healing time to cover the gaps.
- Multiple tooth replacement: Multiple implants are placed for an implant-borne bridge. This stops damage to natural teeth on either side, preventing bone loss and there maintaining facial structure.
- Implant borne dentures: Fixed or removable implant borne dentures are used to replace a full upper or lower set of teeth. They ensure complete stability and comfort without movement or rubbing when eating or taking.
Implants should be cared for and treated like natural teeth. As long as you follow a regular routine of careful oral hygiene and checkups, your implants will last a lifetime.
Dental Implants may be more expensive than alternatives such as Bridges and Dentures in the short term, but in the long-run the cost of having to have Dentures and Bridges repaired and replaced over time could be far greater.
We can offer a dental implant from as little as £4 a day over 2 years. The total cost of one implant is £2000 – £2500. If you would like to work out the monthly cost for various payment periods, please use our finance calculator.